COBOL Programming Language Development Tools
COBOL is and will long continue to be one of the major programming languages supporting business-critical enterprise systems. Semantic Designs is committed to supporting COBOL and provides significant support to the COBOL developer and system architect with the following tools:
Service or enterprise solutions for COBOL:
- Large-scale Source Code Search
- Clone Detection (See sample clone analysis showing 58% redundancy!)
- Component Connectivity. These tools have been used extensively with large scale IBM Enterprise COBOL systems, and specifically with Hogan/COBOL software.
- Migration from COBOL to another language
- Modernizing a legacy COBOL system
For building custom tools for COBOL:
If your desired tool is not in this list, it can likely be custom-built using the DMSŪ Software Reengineering Toolkit.
See tools for other languages.