COBOL Source Code Formatter
The COBOLFormatter tool reorganizes COBOL source text files to neatly indent code blocks according to their nesting level. It is a member of SD's family of Source Code Formatters.
COBOL Formatter Features
- Formatted code compiles and executes exactly like unformatted code
- Specification of indentation step distance
- Specification of arbitrary input tab column positions
- Options to
- place line break before arithmetic operators: + - * / **
- place line break before logical operators: OR AND
- place line break before relational operators: < <= = >= > and NOT
- place line break before reference modifications
- place line breaks before subscripts
- Can process batches of files, specified either manually or through a Java-based file-selector GUI.
Source File Browser
The COBOL Source File Browser not only formats COBOL for web pages but also provides a hyperlinked cross reference for every identifier, leading to its definition point and complete list of references to the identifier.
See other COBOL tools.